Sunday, April 13, 2008

Revised i.g. and header sketches

Here are some sketches for my i.g. spread typography. The reason I used the red bar is because this is the direction I'm going with in the magazine spread. In some of these type is very distracting, so I'm trying to figure out how to make the header expressive, but not overwhelming.  
Below is my revised i.g.    Although I'm  having trouble with the size of the images, I'm happy that I got rid of the circle and let the image be in its entirety.  My images are connotative of the icons. For example a half-naked woman for the bra icon is an illustration of nudity and sexuality and the cocktail is an index of a date, which the little red book connotes. I'm trying to bring in an extra meaning with these images, mostly because I want the information graphic to speak for itself. My descriptions are also adding information and facts that should be interesting for the viewer.































No comments: