Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Who does the arm belong to?



Looks like this is going to be a second day of memories for me, but this one is more of a purely aesthetic memories type of day. In this picture the man on the left is my grandpa with a coworker or maybe just a random acquaintance. What is the most confusing for me in this picture is how it was made and/or if it was just one of those accidental "trow-away" pieces of film. We can think that the darker tree and field are reflections on glass, but what are the fade out trees in the background? I'm guessing the railings are a part of a different picture, but whose arm is it then? Who was behind the camera? I love pictures like this one that make you wonder and guess. There's no real way to find out because my grandpa passed away many years ago and the second person is probably not alive either.

No comments: