Sunday, March 30, 2008

Stay The Night research

Above is the first draft for my direction and mind map.
Questions:
When is it used?
When is it appropriate to have/wear these objects?
When is it time to get a new one (replacement) or change something? 

After my research I came to the conclusion that my best choice of direction would be time. Most of the articles I found deal with when you have or use the objects that I used for my icons. I am still considering location, because all of my objects are usually kept in one place (purse). I hope that  I will be able to clarify some things in Monday's process crit.
So far I have searched for articles that relate to the object and have interesting information.


Red Lipstick
A recent study has discovered that a lot of lipsticks contain lead and are potentially harmful for your health.  This website provides tips on what ingredients to avoid in cosmetics and what you should do keep your skin healthy and young.
1. When is it used? When you want to look pretty or bold.
2. When is it appropriate? Special occasions, night out.
3. When is it time to get a new one or change something? When it contains lead and harms your health; when you have to look less bold.

Color Contacts
 I looked for articles about colored contacts because it seems interesting why somebody would want to change their eye color. The website I found talks about different eye colors, where they are common and how the color is produced. The article also has an chart that shows the percentage of people (men, females and all) who change their eye color and what colors are the most popular.
1.When is it used? When you want to see better and/or beautification.
2.When is it appropriate? When you want to change your appearance (eye color)
3.When is it time to get a new one or change something? When the pigment irritates your eyes, when you are content with your own eye color.

Padded/ Lacy Bra
The articles I found a site that has a lot of articles about bras and lingerie in general.  One article I thought was interesting is about Victoria's Secret "too sexy"  lingerie. There's even an article about a Bra(g), a bag designed to protect bras during flight or transportation. I thought that was hilarious. 
1.When is it used? When support is needed.
2.When is it appropriate? When you're planning to have a night out and such occasions.
3.When is it time to get a new one or change something? When the bra is uncomfortable and is hazardous to your health, potential breast cancer; when you're content with your natural size.

Address book (Little Black Book)
For my address book I looked for articles that had to do something with the Little Black Book. Since my title is linked to dating, the transformation of the regular address book into something secret, and possibly dirty is logical. 
1. When is it used? When you need to call someone or find someone's address quickly.
2. When is it appropriate? Always.
3. When is it time to get a new one or change something? When you have too much information and cannot navigate through it quickly; when it goes public.

Keys (Sharing with another person)
I found an article about a  woman, who does not want to give her boyfriend the keys to her apartment and the psychologist talks about what  keys symbolize in a relationship. I'm a fan of this article, but the whole key=commitment idea goes well with my overall theme.
1. When is used? When you need to get in the house/apartment.
2. When is it appropriate? Object: whenever. Sharing: when you are living together, serious relationship.
3. When is time to get a new one or change something? Object: when there are too many keys? Sharing: when one or both people are not ready for it.

Coin purse
For this object I tried to broaden the topic (object), so I searched for articles that talk about money and document storage. I found one that has useful advice on where to keep your money while traveling. Another one is also giving advice about things you should not carry in your purse or wallet.
1. When is it used?  When you need to keep your change in one place.
2. When is it appropriate? When it is securely stored somewhere. (?)
3. When it is time to get a new one or change something? When it's too full or is too old to be secure; when you stop carrying change around.

Here are some other articles I thought were relevant:
contacts travel tips
gaps in standard address books 
bras hazardous to your health
how to find the right bra
Victoria's Secret line

The bottom line is: I have interesting articles, but I'm not sure about my questions and answers.

No comments: